search behavior

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 22 17:43:56 EDT 2008

Has searching changed radically? My recollection of the behavior a
while ago (at least several months) was all I had to do to find all
the transactions in which I paid Shell for gas was to hit ctrl-F,
enter "Shell" in the Description Contains field, and click Find. The
result would be all transactions in any account in which the search
string appeared.

Now Find will only search the account whose register was active when
the Find dialog was summoned.

It only works for the active account even if I add an additional
search criteria for 'Account', 'matches any account'  and then choose
multiple accounts from the account selection window popped up from the
Choose Accounts button.

The workaround is to activate the General Ledger and then do the
search, but I'm wondering if something was broken when the sub-
searches got unblocked.

Dave
--
David Reiser