Fink Binary on OS X 10.5

Des Dougan des at douganconsulting.com
Fri Jun 27 02:56:00 EDT 2008

I found this evening that there is now a binary for Leopard. As I hadn't
previously installed Fink, I followed the instructions and downloaded
and installed the binary version. I also did the selfupdate, index steps
as noted on the Fink site.

Having done all of this, when I run the GNUCash install, I get a package
not found error:

$ fink install gnucash2
Scanning package description files..........
Information about 2518 packages read in 0 seconds.
Failed: no package found for specification 'gnucash2'!

I have also tried the Fink commander GUI and ensured unstable and crypto
packages are enabled.

Can anyone shed any light on what is happening here?

Thanks,

Des

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group Inc.

Office:     604-628-5434
Cell:       604-866-2848
Email:      des at DouganConsulting dot com

         www.DouganConsulting.com

Peace of Mind, One Computer at a Time.