Keeps crashing

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Jun 27 10:08:41 EDT 2008

(I believe you meant to send this to this list.  Please use the
"Reply-To-List" or "Reply-To-All" features of your mailer.)

Dennis <dgoos at telus.net> writes:
> Josh Sled wrote:
>> What are you trying to do when it crashes?
>>
> When I try to duplicate a transaction selecting the date from the calender or
> changing the date manually in the window that opens to make the duplicate

Hmm.  You might try, instead, the following workaround for duplicating
transactions:

Go to the blank transaction.  Enter the appropriate date.  Start entering the
exact same Description as the transaction you want to duplicate; gnucash will
auto-complete the rest of the description.  As you hit <tab>, the splits will
be copied as well.  Adjust as necessary and Enter the new transaction.

>> The data file is wherever you File > Saved it.  When you open GnuCash, the
>> file name should be in the title bar of the app.
>>

> Ok. Then the whole data file is being deleted when the program crashes.

How many transactions are you able to enter before it crashes?

Are you able to save the file after entering a transaction, but before it
crashes?

Which account's ledger are you opening?

--
...jsled