Fink Binary on OS X 10.5

Des Dougan des at douganconsulting.com
Fri Jun 27 16:08:40 EDT 2008

Dave Reiser wrote:
> Des Dougan wrote:
>> David Reiser wrote:
>>> Before a package can move to fink 'stable', all of its dependencies
>>> must already be in stable. gtkhtml has never made it to that point.
>>> There may be an issue with the version of glib as well, but I'll have
>>> to test more thoroughly for that. The one other question mark is
>>> libgsf. After that I have to plow through the dependencies of the
>>> gnucash specific dependencies (like aqbanking) to make sure I can
>>> move gnucash2 to stable.
>>>
>>> We might make it when they do the great gnome update -- imminent, but
>>> unknown date.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> Dave,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned at the end of my posting, I have
>> enabled unstable and crypto in the Fink Commander GUI - I had
>> previously read the various postings on this list about compiling on
>> OS X. With those two repos enabled, shouldn't I see the GnuCash 2 source?
>>

>> Des
>>

> You do need to do 'fink selfupdate' after enabling unstable to get the
> package descriptions for the unstable tree. And in Fink Commander, you
> may have to ask it to reindex to get the new descriptions to show up
> there. I think FC's menu command is just Index, and it might be on a
> submenu.
>
> Dave

Dave,

Thanks again. I decided to retry via Terminal, but still don't get anywhere:

macbook:~ des$ fink selfupdate
Password:

The file "CURRENT-FINK-10.5" already exists.

(1)	Delete it and download again
(2)	Assume it is a partial download and try to continue
(3)	Don't download, use existing file

How do you want to proceed? [1]
curl --connect-timeout 30 -f -L -A 'fink/0.27.13' -O
http://www.finkproject.org/CURRENT-FINK-10.5
   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
  Current
                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
  Speed
   0    11    0    11    0     0     30      0 --:--:-- --:--:--
--:--:--     0

You already have the package descriptions from the latest Fink point
release. (installed:0.9.0 available:10.5-0.9.0)
macbook:~ des$ fink index
Scanning package description files..........

Decided to force a scan of the packages and then index again:

macbook:~ des$ fink scanpackages
Updating the list of locally available binary packages.
Scanning dists/local/main/binary-darwin-i386
Scanning dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-i386
Scanning dists/stable/crypto/binary-darwin-i386
Scanning dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-i386
Scanning dists/unstable/crypto/binary-darwin-i386
Downloading the indexes of available packages in the binary distribution.
/sw/bin/apt-get-lockwait update
Hit http://bindist.finkmirrors.net 10.5/release/main Packages
Hit http://bindist.finkmirrors.net 10.5/release/main Release
Hit http://bindist.finkmirrors.net 10.5/release/crypto Packages
Hit http://bindist.finkmirrors.net 10.5/release/crypto Release
Hit http://bindist.finkmirrors.net 10.5/current/main Packages
Hit http://bindist.finkmirrors.net 10.5/current/main Release
Hit http://bindist.finkmirrors.net 10.5/current/crypto Packages
Hit http://bindist.finkmirrors.net 10.5/current/crypto Release
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
macbook:~ des$ fink index
Scanning package description files..........

But when I run the install command:

macbook:~ des$ fink install gnucash2
Scanning package description files..........
Information about 2518 packages read in 1 seconds.
Failed: no package found for specification 'gnucash2'!

Regards,

Des

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group Inc.

Office:     604-628-5434
Cell:       604-866-2848
Email:      des at DouganConsulting dot com

         www.DouganConsulting.com

Peace of Mind, One Computer at a Time.