Fink Binary on OS X 10.5

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 27 11:51:07 EDT 2008

Des Dougan wrote:
> David Reiser wrote:
>> Before a package can move to fink 'stable', all of its dependencies
>> must already be in stable. gtkhtml has never made it to that point.
>> There may be an issue with the version of glib as well, but I'll have
>> to test more thoroughly for that. The one other question mark is
>> libgsf. After that I have to plow through the dependencies of the
>> gnucash specific dependencies (like aqbanking) to make sure I can move
>> gnucash2 to stable.
>>
>> We might make it when they do the great gnome update -- imminent, but
>> unknown date.
>>
>> Dave
>
> Dave,
>
> Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned at the end of my posting, I have
> enabled unstable and crypto in the Fink Commander GUI - I had previously
> read the various postings on this list about compiling on OS X. With
> those two repos enabled, shouldn't I see the GnuCash 2 source?
>

> Des

You do need to do 'fink selfupdate' after enabling unstable to get the
package descriptions for the unstable tree. And in Fink Commander, you
may have to ask it to reindex to get the new descriptions to show up
there. I think FC's menu command is just Index, and it might be on a
submenu.

Dave

--
David Reiser