GnuCash Latest and Greatest for Ubuntu

Ronal B Morse rbmorse at comcast.net
Sat Jun 28 15:28:17 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 09:03 -0700, Tony Nelson wrote:
> Has anyone compiled the latest/greatest GnuCash for Ubuntu?  I can't
> seem to find a binary and have not had success yet compiling.

I have it here on Ubuntu 8.04.  It will compile, but chasing
dependencies can be tedious. Everything you need will be in repository.

Start with the "build-essential" meta package, then look at the text
file in the tarball named readme.dependencies. Keep in mind that every
library will need both the primary file and the filename-dev versions
where -dev exists.

Ron Morse