account disappears

Yvan Strahm yvan.strahm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:04:25 EDT 2008

Hello All,

I am new to gnucash, so sorry if this question was already asked and
answered ;-) ( I searched the archive..)

I saved my accounts file (bank) on a usb stick, after saving the changes and
closing gnucash the original name (bank) disappears and just the
bank.xxxxxxx.log remains. If I try to reopen gnucash it stays in the loading
data status.
This behaviour is not consistent and i am lauching gncash like that ( most
of the times)

$ gnucash bank

Am I doing something wrong?

gncash version is GnuCash 2.2.5 Built 2008-05-30 from r17141M and this
happens on xubuntu (8.04) and macosx (10.5.3)

gnucash complains about a missing lock file, could it be the cause?

Thanks for your help

yvan