Match payees/memos to Gnucash accounts ignored during QIF import

Johann Rohwer j.m.rohwer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:58:15 EST 2008

Hi gnucash users

This is my first post to the list and I've just subscribed, so excuse if
this issue has been discussed before. I briefly browsed the archives but
couldn't find anything.

I've been using Gnucash effectively for years to do my personal finance.
However, when I recently upgraded to version 2.2.1 it turned out that
when importing QIF files from my online banking, the actions in the
druid step "Match payees/memos to Gnucash accounts" are ignored and all
the imported transactions are linked to the "Unspecified" expense
account after import. Of course I can still edit them in place one by
one, but this is very inconvenient since the druid remembers the correct
matches for frequently occurring transactions. Is this a known issue/bug?

OS: Mandriva Linux 2008.0, x86_64 architecture (gnucash 2.2.1 bundled
with distro)

I also compiled the latest release (2.2.4) from source but the issue
still remains.

Has anyone else seen this?
Johann