Privacy and passwords

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Mar 5 05:53:39 EST 2008

On Tuesday 04 Mar 2008, Davey Jones wrote:

> Again, I know a simple password would not provide a high degree of
> security, but it *would* be enough to deter most casual passers by,
> including family members. I keep my personal diary in a drawer in my
> house with a simple lock. It could easily be picked with just a
> hairpin, but I know that that this minimal amount of security make a
> huge difference compared to me leaving it out on the desk where
> curiosity may well prove too tempting for anyone who walks by.

Well, you could store your GC data files on a USB stick, and keep that locked
in the same drawer as your "secret papers"...

I had separate logins way back in Win 3.1 and Win95.  No file security there
as such, but at least my wallpaper etc. stayed the same, and little brother
couldn't change it.... which seemed like a good idea at the time.   ;-)

Maf.