Migrate to QuickBooks

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 8 00:59:22 EST 2008

Hi,

The QIF Importer does not import an empty chart of accounts.  It
will understand QIF accounts, but if you have no transactions in the
file it wont create GnuCash accounts to match (empty) QIF Accounts.

So....  Don't worry about you CoA.  Get your transactions into
Gnucash first, and then you can fix the hierarchy if you need to.

-derek