Migrate to QuickBooks

The Wassermans dwass at optusnet.com.au
Sat Mar 8 14:02:24 EST 2008

Thank you Charles and others.

Yes Derek's advice was spot on and yes, the GC importer did a good job
of allocating new accounts for me.

In my minds eye I thought one would have to have accounts set up to
receive the data and I was fixed on that logic.  I have wasted hours and
hours trying to prepare the ground that I incorrectly thought was
necessary. Such is life.

Yes I was attempting to see what an exported set  GC chart of accounts
would look life in QIF form.  I thought that would help me construct a
qif from Quicken.
Yes the goal is to transfer all quicken data into GnuCash.

So far I have imported 6 years of credit card transactions successfully(
About 4000 entries!).  One by one I am about to do the same for all my
other accounts and then, my share portfolio.  It's going to be a big file.

I have a couple of questions, if I may:

1.  Will I be able to seamlessly transfer  all of this from 2.2.4  to Linux?
2.  Does GC run better in Linux than Windows version?

Dave W