Strange behavior with Leopard, Spaces and Gnucash

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 01:37:29 EDT 2008

I have an Intel Mac running Leopard 10.5.2. This version of OS X includes
'Spaces', a multiple desktop utility that I really enjoy. For some reason,
though, when I am running Gnucash in an X11 window on one desktop, that desktop
keeps popping itself up, even when I am not using the hot keys (CTRL+number
keys) or moving the cursor to a screen boundary. It's almost as if Gnucash or
X11 is sending ghost keystrokes or window actions that grab focus.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? It can be remarkably annoying.