Accounting periods problem

Wahur vahur.lokk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 12:15:46 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

OK, it seems now everyone is getting it :)

> a) the issue date == period or
> b) you should back-date the transaction so that the 'post date'
>   implies the period.

Situation clear. I was hoping that maybe i was doing something wrong.

I don't know about Estonia, but here in the US I think that the
> bill issue date implies the period.  If I get a bill from the phone
> company dated January 7th, due Feb 6th, for services rendered in
> December, this would still apply to January, not December..  The fact
> that I pay it in February is irrelevant.

This is what i was doing up to now, and probably will have to keep it that
way.
Here they are pressing that everything should be recorded in "fair period",
i.e. not in the period when the paperwork moves but in the period where the
service was actually provided. I guess they want to speed up VAT payments ;)
Of course, its not very easily enforceable...
At least I am rather inclined to take the risk, rather than risk my sanity
by adding extra branches to an account tree that is already complicated
enough.

Wahur