Canadian Mutual Fund Quotes

Andrew Ruscica avr at jet2.net
Wed Mar 12 22:50:31 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 11:49:32AM -0700, Doug Brown wrote:
>    I am trying to get Canadian mutual fund quotes working, but have been
>    unsuccessful. I found a couple posts in this list's archives from
>    people have the same trouble, but no answers.
>    I'm on WinXP, my quote system is working OK, and I can retrieve quotes
>    of US stocks. I have tried all manner of permutations, but nothing
>    works. For example, and effort to get a Mawer quote:
>    C:\Program Files\gnucash\bin>perl gnc-fq-dump canadamutual MAW107
>    No results found for stock MAW107.
>    I am thinking I need a magical format of the ticker, but can't figure
>    out what it should be.
>    Any help would be appreciated.
>    Doug.

You didn't mention the version of perl/fq/gnucash you're using;

For what it's worth, your example works for me:

> gnc-fq-dump canadamutual MAW107
Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
    symbol: MAW107               <=== required
      date: 03/12/2008           <=== required
  currency: CAD                  <=== required
      last: 37.9502              <=\
       nav:                      <=== one of these
     price: 37.9502              <=/
  timezone:                      <=== optional

This is on opensuse 10.3/perl 5.8.8/gnucash 2.2.2/perl-finance-quote 1.13-7.