How do you enter a scheduled transaction?

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Sat Mar 15 20:57:16 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 07:40:15PM +0000, Russell Gadd wrote:
> Josh Sled wrote:
> > "Scott Simpson" <simpson100 at gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> GnuCash 2.2.0
> >>

> > What distro/OS?  2.2.4 is the latest, and has some good bug fixes.  I'm not
> > sure what distros are even shipping 2.2.0 at this point.
> >

> Josh, are there significant bugs with scheduled transactions I should
> look at ? I'm using 2.0.5 in Debian Etch and am about to set some up. I
> noticed that v 2.2 introduced a new file format for these which isn't
> backwards compatible. This doesn't worry me, but it would be a concern
> if 2.0.5 had to be fixed in this area in any significant way.

It's amazing how fast stable gets behind, and then how far back it
gets. I think you are well advised to try and upgrade to the 2.2
series. I checked backports, and it's not there. :(. I also don't
honestly know the state of trying to build the 2.2 series in etch, but
I suspect it's not that bad. I encourage you to look into it at least.

How that affects SX, I don't know.