How do you enter a scheduled transaction?

Russell Gadd russ.mail.lists at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 17 08:12:04 EDT 2008

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 07:40:15PM +0000, Russell Gadd wrote:
>
>> Josh Sled wrote:

>>> What distro/OS?  2.2.4 is the latest, and has some good bug fixes.  I'm not
>>> sure what distros are even shipping 2.2.0 at this point.
>>>

>> Josh, are there significant bugs with scheduled transactions I should
>> look at ? I'm using 2.0.5 in Debian Etch and am about to set some up. I
>> noticed that v 2.2 introduced a new file format for these which isn't
>> backwards compatible. This doesn't worry me, but it would be a concern
>> if 2.0.5 had to be fixed in this area in any significant way.
>>

> It's amazing how fast stable gets behind, and then how far back it
> gets. I think you are well advised to try and upgrade to the 2.2
> series. I checked backports, and it's not there. :(. I also don't
> honestly know the state of trying to build the 2.2 series in etch, but
> I suspect it's not that bad. I encourage you to look into it at least.
>
> How that affects SX, I don't know.

Thanks Andrew. I downloaded and built 2.2.4 this morning. This was my
first build from source of anything, so I am very pleased it suceeded.

The build instructions on Gnucash's web site for Debian systems appear
to assume you can build as part of Debian's packaging system but this
failed when I tried. The instructions assume you can download it from
Debian's repositories with apt-get. I aborted that and downloaded from
sourceforge and built it with the instructions in the docs, which worked
fine. I also purged Debian's own 2.0.5 package just for good measure.

(The only thing I'm missing now is the Gnucash icon - can't find it in
the stuff downloaded.)

Russell