How do you enter a scheduled transaction?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Mar 16 10:51:05 EDT 2008

Russell Gadd <russ.mail.lists at googlemail.com> writes:
> Josh, are there significant bugs with scheduled transactions I should look at
> ? I'm using 2.0.5 in Debian Etch and am about to set some up. I noticed that
> v 2.2 introduced a new file format for these which isn't backwards
> compatible. This doesn't worry me, but it would be a concern if 2.0.5 had to
> be fixed in this area in any significant way.

2.2 does have a revised scheduled transaction implementation.  It's mostly
different in the user interface and internals; the overall feature profile is
about the same.  There are some annoying, but cosmetic, bugs with the
dense-calendar display of scheduled transactions in the overview view.  Due
to the internals change, the scheduled transactions now support one
additional frequency (last-day-of-month).  I think some additional bug fixes
crept in, too.

You should move to the latest stable if possible, generally; there's been no
effort to backport changes to 2.0 for a while, now.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}