Easiest way to Gnucash 2.x on a mac?

Beth Leonard beth at oasis.slimy.com
Fri Mar 21 14:23:18 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:56:17PM -0400, David Reiser wrote:
> The downside of fink at the moment is the initial install of fink on a
> system 10.5 machine is via source bootstrap. Also, some of the gnome
> dependencies are getting long in the tooth there. But 'fink install
> gnucash2' will get you gnucash 2.2.4. (I'm the fink gnucash maintainer.)

Thanks for the quick reply.  Could you possibly update the GnuCash
wiki about Fink and gnucash 2.x at:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation#gnucash-2.0.x

It sounds from your post that telling her to go with fink may be
the better option if Macports isn't maintained.  The bit in the
wiki about "more complicated" and "unstable tree" had me shying
away from recommending fink.

If she uses fink, does she have to install X11 on the mac from her
mac install disks first, or does fink provide it's own X11 base?

Thanks again,
--Beth
Beth Leonard
http://www.LeonardFamilyVideos.com