Advice for setting up house budget with roommates

harry_seldon harry.seldon.f at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 13:59:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am new to GNUcash. Is there an automatic way to do the repartition between
you and your housemates ? Is there any kind of macro in GNU cash ?
It would allow to enter a line in your checking account like "Rent 1000$"
and then launching the macro would
- credit the expense
- debit of 3/4 the other housemates' asset accounts.

I am doing the same as you to represent the transaction. But there is
something I do not like : it is that the total rent expense do not actually
appear in the expenses (only 1/4). I do not know how to make it appear
without dealing with a too complex transaction.