How to account for a purchase on credit card with reimbursement

Jannick Asmus jannick.news at gmail.com
Sun May 4 15:34:17 EDT 2008

On 04.05.2008 15:17, Adam Funk wrote:

>>> claims.  I also use the cleared/reconciled column in the expense
>>> claims account ("c" means the item has been submitted on a claim; "y"
>>> means I've been reimbursed for it).
>> Do you assign "c" and "y" in GC? If yes where?
>
> I set "c" by clicking on it in the register.  I set "y" by using the
> "reconcile" function and selecting the transactions that have been
> reimbursed and the reimbursement item of the payroll split.  The
> reconciled balance on the expense claims account is always 0.

Thanks. These are the abbreviations in the English GC version I suppose.
I was asking this since in my (German) version "c" and "y" appear as "b"
and "j". This caused a bit of confusion on my side. But now it is clear.

>> Do you use the business feature in GC
>> - for CC bills?
>> - if yes: for employee's expenses to populate the CC bill?
>
> If you mean the invoicing and related functions, I don't use any of
> those.

I do. I must say that it is very satisfying - and sometimes needs
transactions on current accounts to have a full blown technique. But I
can live that, since GC can provide me with a lot of information I need
to have at hand.

Thank you very much for your input.

Kind regards,
J.