Question about network printing on Linux

andy geek_show at dsl.pipex.com
Mon May 5 05:00:05 EDT 2008

Hello

I have recently convinced my wife to give GNUCash a spin having been a
long time QuickBooks user. She is very impressed, although is having
some teething problems in the transition.

One of these issues concerns printing. We both use GNU/Linux Debian
systems (me Lenny, she Etch). We are networked via a firewall/router and
she prints via a USB printer connected to my machine. When she goes to
print a report in GNUCash however, the font is large and unsightly.
However, she doesn't have any options concerning printing in her
preferences menu, whereas in my copy of GNUCash, I do.

Is this because I have the printer connected to my machine?

How then can we get the fonts changed on her machine as there isn't any
option to do it via the printer menu, and she doesn't have any printer
options under preferences?

Help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Andy