amend transactions programmatically

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 6 13:39:35 EDT 2008

Quoting Russell Gadd <russ.mail.lists at googlemail.com>:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Russell Gadd <russ.mail.lists at googlemail.com> writes:
>>
>>> For now, if anyone requests it, I'd rather post the instructions here
>>> and if folks think it useful I would endeavour to find out how to add
>>> them to the Debian wiki, never having done this sort of thing before.
>>
>> You should still just put it on the wiki.  Make a new section
>> on that page.  All you need to do is create an account and then
>> click "Edit".
>>
>>> Russell
>>
>> -derek
>>
> Ok I give in. Look at this page and let me have any comments.
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Debian

My only suggestion is that I'd recommend you use a --prefix during
configure to make it easier to remove that version of gnucash later.
Also, using --prefix will prevent "dirtying" /usr/local, and you can
set it up so you don't need to 'sudo' to "make install"

Beyond that, looks fine.

Oh, one other question -- how is this different than, say,
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building  ??