Announcement: jPortfolioView, an extension to handle your Portfolio easily

Andreas Reichel andreas.reichel at i-kit.de
Wed May 7 15:33:09 EDT 2008

hello everybody,

after long time I used GnuCash intensively I felt it's time to pay back
a little bit of all the great work.
I would like to share a simple program I wrote to improve the handling
of the stocks and the portfolio in GnuCash. I call it jPortfolioView.

It reads your porfolio directly from a GnuCash file and shows the
balance, the profits or losses and the return within a tablegrid.

Further it provides comfortable forms to add new assets directly into
your portfolio. For your convinience, the necessary accounts are defined globaly
as preferences. To add an asset you just need to type the ISIN, the
price, the number of shares and the fees.

Last but not least you can update the prices with jPortfolioView
directly from the internet. Therefore an transparent xpath/regex
mechanismn is used. All parameters (url, xpath, regex) of any
datasource are configurable inside a XML file. Further there is a tool
to analyze the DOM structure of any datasource and to conclude these
parameters.

Please see http://jportfolioview.berlios.de for further information or
send an E-Mail to me.

Thank you very much, best regards