Scheduled transaction date

Andrew Greig algreig at bigpond.net.au
Fri May 9 19:41:20 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-10 at 07:16 +1000, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> On Fri, 9 May 2008, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
> > "according to the rules for what's a business day in New South Wales
> > Australia" (imaging the hundreds of different rule sets required).
>
> But if you made it Queensland, Australia you could have an incredible problem.
> Each town has its own "Show Day", where Show Day is a holiday. And Brisbane's
> is different to Bundaberg's is different to (you name It)

Hi
Actually, in Australia, we live in the "land of the long weekend" and
while most of the population observe the Easter Holiday, which is a
movable feast, from Friday to Monday, the banks add "Easter Tuesday".
Melbourne stops for the Melbourne Cup (Kentucky eat your heart out) on a
Tuesday, but Geelong 40 miles away does not, and has a Holiday for the
Geelong Cup.

Gotta love it!

Andrew Greig