Default account for auto-interest payments

Joel Thibault (Gnucash) ie37pjv02 at sneakemail.com
Sat May 10 21:36:23 EDT 2008

On 5/10/08, Sam Varshavchik mrsam-at-courier-mta.com wrote:
> Derek Atkins writes:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Quoting Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com>:
> >

> > > In Gnucash 2.2.4, when I go to reconcile a bank account or a credit card
> account every month, when the auto-interest dialog pops up the "Payment
> from" list box always defaults to the same bank/credit account that I'm
> reconciling. Of course, gnucash refuses to book the interest payment against
> the same account you're reconciling.
> > >
> > > So, every time, I must manually scroll the tiny list box down to the
> income/expense accounts, and select the interest income account, for the
> interest payment.
> > >
> > > Did I misconfigure something? It seems fairly counterintuitive having to
> do this, every time. I can't find any setting for a default income/expense
> account, to book the interest payment against.
> > >

> > I've noticed that it's correct until you tab out of the Description
> > cell.  Does it start out incorrect for you?
> >

>  Yes, it comes up incorrectly right from the start. I have multiple bank
> accounts, and each time the "Payment from" list box opens with the account
> I'm reconciling as the selected account.
>
>  Tabbing through the fields makes no difference.

I see the same behavior as Sam.  If I recall correctly, it was working
at some point in the past, but it has since reverted to the old
behavior of auto-selecting the (same) reconcile account for interest
payments.

What is the intended behavior?  "Account I chose last month" would be
my preference.

Joel

--
Joel Thibault [AIM: Jole Tebo]