Report development without the need to restart GnuCash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 27 11:49:18 EDT 2008

Quoting Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com>:

>> Honestly, I'd consider this a "developer issue", not a "user issue".
>> Those dont really need bug reports, per se.
>>

> I just don't want it to get lost, since it involves crashing.

yes, but it only involves crashing when a developer is working
on something.  I could just as easily cause a crash by adding
the following code:

  char* p = 0;
  printf("crash %c\n", *p);

Should we protect against that, too?
Where do you draw the line?

Now, if an end user could cause this crash through the UI then
I'd wholeheartedly agree with you!