Yahoo Europe quotes problem

Pete Phillips pete at smtl.co.uk
Sat Nov 1 14:43:48 EDT 2008

Hi

I am trying to get automatic updates with gnucash for New Star Technologies from Yahoo Europe.

The following perl script gets the quote OK for me:

  #!/usr/bin/perl -w
  use Finance::Quote;
  $q = Finance::Quote->new;
  my %data = $q->fetch("europe", "GB0007018194GBP");
  print "Price : ".$data{"GB0007018194GBP", "price"};

which returns

  Price : 712.82#

However, in gnucash, with Symbol/Abbreviation GB0007018194GBP and source
set to Yahoo Europe I get:

 Unable to retrieve quotes for these items:
  FUND:GB0007018194GBP

I did pick up the debian package for libfinance-quote-perl (1.13-4) as I
read something on the mailing list about problems with Yahoo, but it
doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Any advice on where I can go next on this would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Pete
--
Pete Phillips,                      |   http://www.smtl.co.uk/