Search Account

Chia Cheng Wee cwchia at hotpop.com
Mon Nov 3 07:34:08 EST 2008

Dear all,

I have been using GnuCash to handle my client trust accounts for my
small practice of law in Malaysia. GnuCash Rocks! Thanks!

I especially like the way GC can find the the account name in the
transfer register column on the fly. So to take advantage of this
feature I have set up my account tree like this:-

- Client Trust Liability - 0001 John Doe
                                 - 0002 Jane Doe
                                 - 0003 ...
                                 - 1053 John Smith
                                 - 1054 ...

By this way I can quickly reach John Smith's account by entering C:1053
and GnuCash will auto complete the rest. Nifty!.

My question is, is there ia way that I can search the name of all
accounts that has John in it? eg I would like to make a search by using
the keyword "john" and to list down 0001 John Doe and 1053 John Smith as
its result.

TIA.

cwchia

--
Chia Cheng Wee,<br>
Partner,<br>
Chia & Lee,<br>
(formerly known as CW Chia & Company)<br>
Advocates & Solicitors,<br>
No. 115-A, Taman Melaka Raya,<br>
75000 Melaka, Malaysia.<br>
Tel : +606-286 3982 / 286 6982<br>
Fax : +606-288 2982<br>
E-mail : cwchia at cwchialaw.com<br>
This e-mail and its attachment(s) is solely for the addressee(s) herein,
it is intended to be private and confidential. Should you be in receipt
of this e-mail and/or its attachment(s) without authorization or in
error, kindly notify us immediately and in no way should this e-mail,
its attachment(s) or its contents be relied upon or produced or
distributed or disclosed to any other person, use it for any purpose or
store them in any medium.