generic import transaction matcher input method

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 4 08:47:06 EST 2008

Kent Rasmussen <kent_rasmussen at sil.org> writes:

> Hi,
> I just realized the import matcher may not be as hopeless for me as
> I thought.  the reason I don't like using the transaction matcher is
> because I have to click through the account structure with a mouse
> (or use the gui shortcuts, which I don't find much more helpful).  I
> prefer typing, and really like the method of typing ex:a:f to get
> Expenses:auto:fuel (I actually just type ex:a:, since fuel is the
> first in the list). Is there some setting to change between the two
> methods, so I can assign accounts in the transaction matcher the
> same way as in the register?  I haven't seen anything so far, but I
> have hope that it may be around the corner.

I do not believe that there is code currently in GnuCash to switch
that out.  If you're interested in adding that feature I suggest
you move this thread to gnucash-devel.

I think it would be a good idea.