GnuCash command line and mobile/pda client

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at wolschon.biz
Thu Nov 13 02:26:23 EST 2008

Hello Oliver,

how well are you at programming? I could help you write
such a thing. For online-banking- and paypal-transactions,
pdf-invoices in emails and account-statements from
websites I did write some scripts for my own automation-
tool. So the part that has to be done manually has shrunk
quite considerably.
However for the money in my pocket I still have the same
problem. Much to book and little time nor encouragement
to actually do it.

How do you think a quick-input dialog could look like?
In the past I played around with a template-mechanism
where you select "car->fuel 50%private use",  "food" or
"paper-slip typeXYZ->scan barcode" and half of it would
be filled out automatically but that did not quite work for
all the small expenses I'd like to track too.

Marcus