open exported report - help

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Tue Nov 18 11:32:37 EST 2008

Enrico Anzi wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm trying to open a report exported from gnucash, an expence account report.
> the application saves it as general file, without extension so when I try to open it from my Win Vista OS, from an explore folder, I have to choose the application to open it with. I tried with Excel, Word, Firefox, Notes and it doesn't show anything. I also tried to rename it adding the html extension, but it doesn't work. I cannot see the report exported.
>
> does it work with openoffice? do I have to install something in particular?

It would probably help a lot if, when you save it, you append .html to
the name.  It's an HTML file, and Firefox should read it with no
problem.  So should OpenOffice.org/Web.  Unless you merely want to print
it, I suggest you open a new spreadsheet and import the file.  In OO.O,
use Insert>Link to External Data.  Excel should have something similar.
You can also copy the report as it is displayed by GnuCash and Paste
Special it into a spreadsheet.  This is useful only for display, however.

HTH

Cam

--
Cam Ellison  Ph.D.  R.Psych. #01417