Checks print with black bar in place of Payee name

qajaq wabm at william-maloney.org
Thu Nov 20 17:43:36 EST 2008

While it's useful to know that GNUcash will not print checks on blank paper,
that's not what I was asking about when I initiated this thread.

I am using pre-printed check stock. All I want GNUcash to do is to print the
date, the Payee, and the amount (in numeric and spelled-out forms) on the
checks that I put into the printer's feed tray.

GNUcash is printing the date and the amount (in both formats) just fine. But
in place of the Payee, all that's printed is a solid black bar.

Anyone know why that's happening, or how to make it work as it's supposed
to?