Don't understand imbalance

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Fri Nov 21 16:56:00 EST 2008

On Friday 21 November 2008 04:37:00 pm Robert Heller wrote:
> At Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:15:36 -0800 (PST) hh6199 at yahoo.com wrote:
<snip>

I'm going to have to agree with Robert on this one. I used to handle the
credit card transaction like Harold, as one large split in an entry in my
checking account. I now have a Credit Card liability account where I enter
all the purchase transactions. They are simple credit/debit transactions to
the proper expense account (occasionally, I'll throw a split transaction in
there, but that's pretty rare). When I pay my credit card bill, it's a simple
credit/debit transaction in my Checking account, relieving the liability.
It is far easier and makes much more sense. No splits necessary, no
Imbalances.

Tim
--
Fedora Core release 6 (Zod), Linux 2.6.22.14-72.fc6
KDE: 3.5.8-1 Fedora