"Tools > Close Book" doesn't seem to do what I want, i.e., to shrink gnucash file by rolling up transactions

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.brookline.ma.us
Mon Nov 24 12:37:16 EST 2008

So, apparently there are at least two different people who have written the
same external program to automate this task.  I think that speaks rather
forcefully to the point that this is something that people want to be able
to do and the functionality should be available directly within GnuCash.

"Braindead", please don't bother cleaning up your program on my account --
as I mentioned before, I've already got a Perl script to do the same thing,
so if you're only going to the effort to help me, you can punt :-).

Thanks,

  Jik