not backup but using gnucash in two different distros

Harold hh6199 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 28 15:55:46 EST 2008

In several of the forums for the different distros it was stated that there could be problems with different distros sharing the same home partition. I have different /home directories set up in the same partition. Being fairly new to Linux I haven't gotten a good understanding of links so therefore I don't use them. I do remember in Windows Excel that links could create problems that you might not want. Probably not the same thing but I tend to use what I know and am comfortable with my understanding of it.

Thanks for the information and advice. Another post had suggested that I save my Gnucash file to a USB flash drive and use that no matter what disto I happen to be using. That is what I plan to do.

Thanks again,
Harold