income-statement report: how to add `account description' column?

Rudiger Schierz rsz_gnc at 1a-software.de
Sat Nov 29 12:39:55 EST 2008

Hi there,

I wonder, if some kind soul could assist me in finding out, how to
adapt the income-statement report (and maybe others) to my needs.

Prolog:

I'm running Gnucash-2.2.7. To organize my accounts, I use a numbering
system. Some more info about the account I put into the account
description, eg:

Account Description
012     Ertrag freiberuflich (19%)

Problem:

In the default income-statement report, only the account name is
viewed:

,----
[ [...]
| Gewinn
| 012                                      10.000,00 €
| Gesamterträge                            10.000,00 €
`----

Well, I'd like to view it including the `description':

,----
| [...]
| Gewinn
| 012 Ertrag freiberuflich (19%)      	   10.000,00 €
| Gesamterträge 	   	    	   10.000,00 €
`----

Any hint about how to achieve that modification is really appreciated.

And, if I modify income-statement.scm (or another report scheme),
where do I want to store it?

Cheers,
Rudiger