Scheduled transactions by day of the month?

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Thu Oct 9 03:46:56 EDT 2008

2008/10/8 Jason March <trafficpest at sbcglobal.net>:
> Do you have any ideas I have a pest control business and I have been creating the invoices manually everyday. I service the same clients every month or bi-monthly. Normally I create my invoices and post them to A/R. But, it is very difficult to track over 300 customers per month. Anyway the invoices could be automated would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I am thinking of writing some automation here (see the "Mass
invoicing"-thread.).
(It will not be part of gnucash itself but an external program
changing the gnucash-file but it would get the job done.)

How do you think something automated should gather
a) what customers to invocie
e.g. all customers that have a specially marked, unposted invoice that
is used as a template.

b) what the content of the invoice is to be
e.g. mark some past invoice as "to be repeated monthly" with markers
like {name of month}, {year}, ...

c) what kind of template to generate the printable invoice from?
e.g. XSL-stylesheet generating an html-file from the xml of the
invoice, OpenOffice-file with markers, ...

Marcus