Scheduled transactions by day of the month?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 9 07:53:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

Quoting Marcus Wolschon <Marcus at Wolschon.biz>:

> Hello,
>
> I am thinking of writing some automation here (see the "Mass
> invoicing"-thread.).
> (It will not be part of gnucash itself but an external program
> changing the gnucash-file but it would get the job done.)

This is a BAD IDEA.  It is completely unsupported to modify the
gnucash data file externally.  If you do this you get into the
unsupported region.

> How do you think something automated should gather
> a) what customers to invocie
> e.g. all customers that have a specially marked, unposted invoice that
> is used as a template.
>
> b) what the content of the invoice is to be
> e.g. mark some past invoice as "to be repeated monthly" with markers
> like {name of month}, {year}, ...
>
> c) what kind of template to generate the printable invoice from?
> e.g. XSL-stylesheet generating an html-file from the xml of the
> invoice, OpenOffice-file with markers, ...

I'll note that this part (c) is orthogonal to getting the
invoice data into GnuCash.