Scheduled transactions by day of the month?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Sun Oct 12 19:28:00 EDT 2008

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Then why not donate the code for inclusion into GnuCash proper?
> Or is it not something that COULD be integrated and shared?

Finance apps by and large are still mired in the old standalone model of
application development, where data is self contained, but duplicated
and often contradicted by data in other systems.

With systems being networked, it no longer makes sense to have one
monolithic system that tries to do everything in a single package.

What I am keen to see is a set of standard data representations (XML?)
that can be used to pass business forms like invoices and payments
around, a bit like you can with RSS and Atom.

The problem then distills down to getting data into and out of gnucash
in a supported way, at which point people could develop apps to do
pretty much anything with the data involved, from making pretty
invoices, to distributing those invoices, to making online gateways to
the information.

Regards,
Graham