Scheduled transactions by day of the month?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 10 16:37:17 EDT 2008

"Marcus Wolschon" <Marcus at Wolschon.biz> writes:

> 2008/10/9, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
>> Then why not donate the code for inclusion into GnuCash proper?
>> Or is it not something that COULD be integrated and shared?
>
> Because my code is in Java and makes heavy use of things
> like Java-Reflection (for plugins) and JSR223-scripting (for scripting
> tasks in a huge number of languages).
> I had a look at the Gnucash-code. It looks clean but I never found
> any comments and it was just huge. Finding out enough about how
> things work to start solving the problem I wanted solved would have
> taken more time then to simply start coding a special-purpose tool.

If you haven't found comments then you haven't looked very hard.
There's also a very nice online API documentation created using
doxygen out of the sources (which implies comments in the sources).

> I used the standard-invoice and had a look at the fancy one
> in the wiki. Then decided to use OpenOffice for invoices
> and that's what I am using since years now.
> A word-processor is just better at word-processing then a
> finance-app. (The right tool for the right job.)

I see nothing wrong with an HTML output, however I think the
right solution would be an HTML template that gets run through
GnuCash to generate the HTML output with all the invoice data.

Search the -devel archives for "e-guile" for previous discussions
on this topic.