Scheduled transactions by day of the month?

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Thu Oct 9 09:03:31 EDT 2008

2008/10/9, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
> Then why not donate the code for inclusion into GnuCash proper?
> Or is it not something that COULD be integrated and shared?

Because my code is in Java and makes heavy use of things
like Java-Reflection (for plugins) and JSR223-scripting (for scripting
tasks in a huge number of languages).
I had a look at the Gnucash-code. It looks clean but I never found
any comments and it was just huge. Finding out enough about how
things work to start solving the problem I wanted solved would have
taken more time then to simply start coding a special-purpose tool.

So, given my expecience in C compared to Java I wrote the library
to do some xml-manipulation a few years ago, even published a part of it.
Now I wrote an application leveraging scripting, plugins and HBCI4Java
intended for automation and for automation only and published that one
for everyone to use, extend and adapt.
It is a nice companion for people who can program at least  a little
bit and use gnucash to do tasks that cannot be done with gnucash
in a sensible timeframe.

It's GPL and on Sourceforge. If you want it, you can take any of it
and have fun with the source.

> Which Invoice have you tried.  Yes, the standard Invoice looks pretty
> bad.  I wrote it quickly just to get something (and even then I never
> used it personally).  But the Fancy Invoice is pretty good IMHO, and I
> DO use that personally all the time.

I used the standard-invoice and had a look at the fancy one
in the wiki. Then decided to use OpenOffice for invoices
and that's what I am using since years now.
A word-processor is just better at word-processing then a
finance-app. (The right tool for the right job.)

Marcus