OFX with Ibex packages

Kent Rasmussen kent_rasmussen at sil.org
Mon Oct 13 23:58:22 EDT 2008

I had online banking working under hardy (ubuntu), with the
ppa.launchpad packages.  Since upgrading to Intrepid, gnucash doesn't
seem to understand what my bank is saying.  I see on the wiki that
"Staring with Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid, the ubuntu gnucash package
includes online banking support."  Does this mean I should uninstall
the ppa packages, and reinstall from universe/wherever? I'd rather not
loose the data I already have there, though I guess I could back up
and reinstall.  Has this situation been encountered before?

Thanks,

Kent