Automatically Open Specific Accounts?

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 18:32:42 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 6:09 PM, jpseasia <jpseasia at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There are 4 accounts that I open almost every time I open Gnucash.  I want
> Gnucash to automatically open those accounts whenever I run it, but I can't
> find any information anywhere about how I might do that.  Maybe it isn't
> possible.
>
> Is it possible to have Gnucash automatically open specific accounts whenever
> it is run?  If so, how do I do it.
>
> By the way, I'm running it on Vista.

Well, I don't know for sure how it behaves on Vista since I run it on
a Linux system, though I'd guess it's the same. If so, it's very
simple to get it to do what you want.

When you run Gnucash, open the accounts you want to see when you run
it. Quit from Gnucash (save the file if it asks you if you want to
save). Start Gnucash again. I think you will find that it comes up
with the accounts that were open when you shut it down.

/Don