Automatically Open Specific Accounts?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 14 08:27:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

jpseasia <jpseasia at yahoo.com> writes:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>>Sure, just leave those account windows/pages open when you quit
>>gnucash and when you restart the application it will re-open
>>all those windows/pages again.   Voila, it automatically opens
>>your accounts.
>
> Thanks, Donald and Derek.
>
> I tried that several times.  Maybe it is just a glitch with Vista.  There
> are a couple of other places I've found minor problems (ie. Even when I tell
> it not to open it not to open the tip of the day it continues to do so.)
>
> I can live with this problem, it would just take a few less clicks.

If this isn't working then one of a few things may be happening:

1) You may not be cleanly quitting gnucash.  How do you quit?
2) It might not be able to write into the config files
3) GConf may not be running properly or might not be able to
   save its configuration files.

I know this code works fine on Linux.