SSL cert

Eric Anopolsky erpo41 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:48:23 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 12:35 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> "Marcus Wolschon" <Marcus at Wolschon.biz> writes:
>
> > In that case.
> > Use at least cacert.
> > https://www.cacert.org
> > Yes, it's free. (As in freedom and as in free beer.)
>
> Heh!  I go to this site and Firefox tells me that the certificate
> is not signed by a trusted authority!!!    That's no better than
> the status quo.

This is exactly what I don't like about certificates. Despite the fact
that a hierarchical model lets people get and use signed certificates
much more easily than a web of trust model would, there is so much
potential for this kind of thing to happen.

Anyway, a quick google turns up this site:
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ssl/ssl_opensource.asp

Might be just what you need.

Cheers,
Eric