Relating accts receivable and expenses account

Youssef Ltaief ltai0001 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 25 16:56:08 EDT 2008

I would do this

Transfer $100 from cash to Account Receivable:Gasoline Expenses

When you get the check, do the reverse

There is no Expense account Gasoline for you as it is an asset to be received.

You still categorized the expense under expenses to be received which is still an asset.

That is how I do my travel expenses
Youssef