Can't enter data when starting in an expense account (instead of liability or asset account)

jgombos nabble.forum.jog at spamgourmet.com
Mon Oct 27 03:44:21 EDT 2008

>It sounds like you are entering the transaction in the expense account's
>register, so all numbers are entered in terms of that account's currency.
So
>there is no exchange rate needed on the expense line; you would have to
>right-click on the liability line.

Thanks for the clarification.. indeed, it works if I set the exchange rate
on the liability line item (most of the time).  Sometimes it does not accept
an exchange rate on the liability figure for some reason, and I have to
abandon the transaction and re-enter it from a different euro expense
account.  So it's a little buggy, but at least I can deal with it.