Windows 2.2.6 Currency Updates

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Tue Sep 2 12:22:13 EDT 2008

On 31 August 2008 at 12:59, Housemartins said:

> Fred Bone wrote:
> >
> > Have you run the "install online price retrieval" correctly? Have you
> > tried rerunning it? What happens?
> >

> Yes, ok, I've re-ran it - it doesn't look like it worked, trimmed output
> follows (I accepted defaults prior to this):
> ----------------------------------->< snip >< ----------------------- ...
> ... Removing previously used \.cpan\build\Crypt-SSLeay-0.57\.
>
>   CPAN.pm: Going to build D/DL/DLAND/Crypt-SSLeay-0.57.tar.gz

> No installed SSL libraries found in any of the following places.
>     c:\openssl
> You will have to either specify a directory location at the following
> prompt, or rerun the Makefile.PL program and use the --lib switch to
> specify the path. If the path in question is considered standard on your
> platform, please consider filing a bug report in order to have it taken
> into account in a subsequent version of Crypt::SSLeay.
>
> Which SSL install path do you want to use?  [I hit Return]
> Removing previously used \.cpan\build\Finance-Quote-1.13\.
>
>   CPAN.pm: Going to build H/HA/HAMPTON/Finance-Quote-1.13.tar.gz
>
> Checking if your kit is complete...
> Looks good
> Writing Makefile for Finance::Quote
>      -- OK
> Running make test
> 'test' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.
>     test -- NOT OK
> Running make install
>   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force
> ------------------------------>< snip ><---------------------------

Is this on Windows, as you indicated originally? It bears no resemblance
whatsoever to what I get when I run the "install online price retrieval".
There is no need to "accept defaults" as no prompts are issued; the whole
thing just runs itself. Here is the start of the output:
-----

* Check Perl

* Install DateManip

Downloading ActiveState Package Repository packlist...not modified
No missing packages to install

* Install Crypt-SSLeay

Downloading Crypt-SSLeay-0.53...done
Unpacking Crypt-SSLeay-0.53...done
Generating HTML for Crypt-SSLeay-0.53...done
Updating files in site area...done
Downloading Crypt-SSLeay-0.53 install script...done
Running Crypt-SSLeay-0.53 install script...
This software package uses strong cryptography, so even if it is created,
-----

What version of Perl are you running? You appear to be fetching from CPAN
rather than from ActiveState (and that's a later Crypt-SSLeay than I'm
getting).

> Do I have to have an SSL library ?

The Perl installer should take care of that. (Though AFAIK, it should
also refrain from trying to reinstall Crypt_SSLeay-0.53 given that it
already did so last time I reran).