OFX directconnect in 2.2.6 w/ aqbanking3

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 3 14:38:30 EDT 2008

Tom Roeschen wrote:
> I use Gnucash 2.2.6 on SUSE 11.0
>
> I am able to download my transactions from my Citibank account with no
> problem, however, when I try to download my transactions from my Schwab
> investment account I get "there are no transactions for the date range" when
> I know there are transactions.  Is there something I am not configuring
> properly in Aqbanking wizard or is there a known problem with this?
>
> Tom Roeschen

The problem is that aqbanking (2 or 3) doesn't know yet how to import
investment account info. If you turn on aqbanking's logging (if you have
the source, the environment variable to set is in one of the doc files.
I'm not near my home machine, and I can't remember...), then you can
have aqbanking retrieve the information. Then you go to the log file --
usually /tmp/ofx.log (or similar), chop out the ofx data stream into a
separate file (the log file keeps multiple sessions until you reboot, at
least on my mac), then use File>Import>Import OFX/QFX to get the data
into gnucash.

So essentially, libofx knows how to handle investment transactions, but
aqbanking does not. And gnucash does a decent job of handling libofx's
presentation of investment transactions.

Improving investment handling is on the aqbanking author's list, but
he's pretty busy at the moment.

Dave
--
David Reiser