GnuCash hangs on reading data

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 17:08:30 EDT 2008

Before you trash the file, try running 'gnucash --nofile' at the command line and then opening your file after gnucash starts. I have found that there are times when the splash screen in OS X hides a modal dialog that seeks your input. If you can get to gnucash proper, you might then see what it's barking about with your data.

David